Monday, May 02, 2005

my unknowing debut

I received an email last night from my writing teacher, who was sending around dates and places for a handful of my classmates who are giving readings of their work at local bookstores in the next couple of weeks, as part of an annual promotional event that the school puts on. I was a little confused by the email, having never heard that certain people were going to be giving readings, but I assumed that perhaps this was something discussed on one of the days that I'd missed. I was going down the list, curious to see who the brave souls were, when I got to the bottom of it and saw my name next to a particular date and bookstore. I'm giving a reading?? What the? More pressing than the usual What will I wear?...What on earth will I read??

No comments: