Wednesday, May 18, 2005

is this thing on?

Umm....yeah. I don't think my brain is working today. Do you ever have those days? It's like the lightbulb in my brain is about to burn out or something. Do you hear that? I think it's because of the weather, it's incredibly dark and drizzly and not at all what a mid-May California day should be like. Also, I actually got a healthy amount of sleep last night and I think my body might be in shock from that. Reminds me, I had this sad little dream the other night about my turtle. In my dream, I was moving to Korea or somewhere for three months and I was leaving my turtle with someone and, on the morning I was supposed to leave, my turtle was all sick and injured. So sad. I didn't want to leave her, I was panicked that the turtle-sitter wouldn't be able to take care of her. I wonder if this means I'm overly attached to my turtle.

Anyway, see how my brain doesn't work? I was talking about the weather and then I launched into the sad dream about my turtle. I wonder if people who have really important jobs and duties have days like this. That's kind of worrisome, actually. What if you had to have surgery and your doctor was just like, "umm, well, I'm feeling kind of out of it today, so Nurse's Assistant Bubba here is going to be my right hand man through this and hopefully we'll get you all stitched up just fine. Now, Bubba, where'd I leave my keys?" Yeah, makes you feel real confident, doesn't it.

No comments: