Thursday, May 19, 2005

a literary meme

I'm picking this meme up from Virtual Sanity, because I'm a book person and this is about those wonderful devices.

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be? I would pick the Bible, just to fuck with people. You know that someone's still going to be all about burning it and some other people would stop to protest. It would be gratifying to make people on both sides of the equation stop to think about what they're doing.
Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Heck yeah. I grew up reading Cynthia Voigt novels and other pre-teen romantics. I'm sure there were many heroine's crushes who I crushed on, as well.
The last book you bought is: "Still Life with Woodpecker" by Tom Robbins
The last book you read is: "Slouching Toward Bethlehem" by Joan Didion
What are you currently reading? "Still Life with Woodpecker" and the advertising book "Hey Whipple, Squeeze This"
Five books you would take to a deserted island: The Bhagavad Gita, Ideas and Opinions by Albert Einstein (been sitting on my shelf awhile), The Art Book, War and Peace (gonna get my money's worth here), Gone with the Wind (I've read it before, but it's 1024 pages of repeatable entertainment).

No comments: