Wednesday, March 09, 2005

my sally field

They like me, they really like me. Or, at least they tolerate me to the point that I'm encouraged to keep writing. I had my first essay "workshopped" in class last night, and though I feared the worst (calling it "the dissection" to my mom on the phone earlier in the day), it wasn't that bad. My teacher described me as a "natural writer" and other students said they not only identified with the piece but they took actual pleasure in reading it. I did, of course, receive some helpful criticisms; for instance, I seem to have completely forgot about paragraph structure and the importance of indenting in the last few years of being out of school. All in all, though, the commentary was positive and I was so wrapped up in ideas for the essay and other pieces that I had difficulty falling asleep last night.

No comments: