Monday, March 14, 2005

enjoyable rarities

I spent this past weekend out of the house for a change. Saturday, I read scholarship applications for the California Alumni Association, of which I am a member and from whom I received a couple of scholarships when I was a student. It was an interesting experience, to read into the personalities of the next generation of Cal students. At first I was a little boggled that one of the students who was reading with me had "Class of 2007" written on his name tag, but the thing that really blew me away was the realization that the potential incoming freshmen were born in 1987!!
On Sunday, I enjoyed a lovely sunny day in San Francisco. I met up with a couple of girlfriends and we had brunch/lunch at a cute little restaurant in the Marina, then walked down to Fisherman's Wharf where we sat in a little secluded courtyard and drank beers while listening to a folk guitarist perform. From there, we strolled/battled tourists down to Pier 39, where we were so overwhelmed by the crowds that we decided to just go back to the marina and lay out on the grass on the Marina Green. The afternoon was capped off with a trio of beautiful pedicures, a welcome treat to walking-weary feet. A common chorus heard in the clear, warm day: "I can't believe I live here!" San Francisco just can't be beat on nice Spring afternoons.

No comments: