Monday, October 04, 2004

welcome to the world of a self-absorbed egoist

Okay, perhaps I'm being to harsh on myself for joining the ever-growing legions of bloggers. But really, I'll be the first to admit (accuse?) that it takes a whole lotta ego to keep a blog. I'm a reasonable sort of person, I know to call a duck a duck. However, I was bored at work today (who me?), and stumbled upon this great blog by this really funny writer in DC. (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to her, as I'm new to this game and don't know all the rules yet, but if I discover that I can list her blog I will.) Anyway, reading these brilliant ( I mean it in the British sense) stories by this woman made me want to attempt at amusing the general "they" as much as she amused me. Now, my life isn't nearly as exciting as some of the blogs I've skimmed out there, but by golly it ain't nearly as boring as some of the others. If nothing else, it's a good kick-in-the-ass to get me writing again, which I haven't done in a good long while. If no more than two people stumble across this drivel and are momentarily entertained away from some awful desk jockey position they have, I'll be more than pleased.

No comments: